Virtual DJ or VDJ is software that mix audio tracks as well as videos and is extensively used by club DJs. It was developed by Atomix Productions Inc. and is also entirely re-packaged for Numark. It is meant for both Mac and PC and lets the DJs to mix different audio tracks and videos. DJs can have control in this software by means of MIDI controller or thorugh DJ hardware like DJ and CDJs mixer
Features of Virtual DJ
- If we talk about the version 7.0 of Virtual DJ then it holds up to 99 decks. All editions of Virtual DJ 7 include 4 deck and 6 deck skins.
- By mixing and scratching of videos through this software, a DJ can become a VJ.
- The presence of Vinyl Emulation in Virtual DJ lets the users to actually maneuver the digital audio files on PC by means of turntables as an edge. Therefore, it preserves the practical feel of DJing while permitting the playback of audio tracks not obtainable in phonograph form. In this way a DJ is able to scratch beatmatch and carry out other turntablism which might not be possible with computer system having traditional keyboard and mouse.
- With Virtual DJ software a DJ can directly stream audio tracks or videos from Internet to the decks and there is no need to download them except local web cache which is confined by management of digital rights.
- There is feature of MusicGroup in Virtual DJ which collects the track histories which is then published on Virtualdj. com. If a user is licensed then he can create his own single groups or can join multi user groups. MusicGroup page in Virtual DJ comprises of mini blog containing track history as well as top 20 played audio tracks and also a saved track lists.
- Virtual DJ allows users to broadcast from his own PC by just making public a link created by this software.